Sunday, May 15, 2005

GO NADIA!!!

I was disappointed of this year's American Idol in the US. Although I have not seen it due to not having the channel that aired in Kuwait, I missed out on my best friend's chance of a lifetime to become a singer. Nadia Turner is a very good friend of mine from back in the US when I was college in Miami, Florida. We were in the same university and enrolled in the same major (Advertising). We were also co-workers at one time in the testing center. That's when we first met and she shared her passion of music and modeling. We became very close friends...Thanksgiving dinners, hanging out, etc....I also went with her to some of her auditions!!! She has an AMAZING VOICE!! Her voice reflects the rawness and power of Lauryn Hill with a blend of Lenny Kravitz. She has the earthy look which I love about her. Her name alone is Star quality...NADIA TURNER (yes it's her real name....not a stage name). She joined this year's American Idol and she was doing very well. Even Simon (the judge with the mean attitude) praised her by saying: "In a competition of hamburgers...You are the STEAK!!" But for some reason, she did not reach her audience towards the end. This is the second time that American Idol loses a worthy contender due to audience's lack of proper voting. Remember last year!!!!! So she lost and was sent packing. But I know that the exposure that Nadia got on American Idol, will get her places in the entertainment biz. Check out her photos on the American Idol link below. It just shows how amazing she is. LOVE YOU NADIA and I MISS YOU.




LINKS:

American Idol on FOX TV

Reality TV World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home