Sunday, April 16, 2006

Back From Dubai...

Hey y'all! I'm back from Dubai from my business trip. Eventful trip...exhuasting...but amazing experience. I have a lot to say about Dubai, but here are just some:

1) Upon arrival in Dubai International Airport, it took me about a 20 minute walk from the airplane to passport control! That airport is frickin' big!!!

2) Speaking of big...big is an under-statement in Dubai. Large, humongous, huge, gigantic, immense, enormous, vast, collasal...etc...is more like it. Everything is so damn..big from buildings, to entire estate projects and advertising billboards. It seems that if Dubai can't thing BIG, they can't think at all!

3) Traffic is everywhere! And you thought Kuwait was bad. Once experience traffic in Dubai, you will kiss every driver in Kuwait and thank your stars that Kuwait's traffic is not that bad!

4) Two words...HUMID CENTRAL!

5) A local Emarati in Dubai is like a needle in hay-stack..I know it's a typical and cliche' saying...but I had to say it.

6) Night life is amazing...with a lot to do :)

7) I missed the Jamiroquai concert :( I heard it was a blast! I could not get tickets, plus I was working. People are saying that I should go to the J-Lo concert....NO WAY!!! Waaaaai3...I hate her!

8) Everything is a "city" in Dubai....Media City, Sports City, Academic City, Internet City, Festival City, and not to mention the "villages" as well...Knowledge Village, Global Village...

HIGHLIGHTS:

I went to a Jazz Lounge called Blue Bar. I was in heaven!!! The night I went had a live band with a female singer with a great voice! They played all the classics and some contemporary songs as well. But I was breathless when the lady sang one of my favorite jazz songs..."Summertime" by the great Ella Fitzgerald! WOW! Here is a pic of the place :) Kinda small pic, but you can see the layout.


Madinat Jumeirah is unbelievably the most beautiful place I've ever been and seen! I went there on my last day before I went to the airport. Walked around, took pictures, had something to eat by the bay and just admired the sight. It was a Saturday, so it was quiet and peaceful and no crowd at all.

OVERALL:
Nice place, good trip, well deserved...but would not want to live there. I'd go to Dubai for a visit, vacation, have my fun, relax...then come back home...KUWAIT. No place like home :)

24 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

YOu better have something for me or I will send you back to Hell in Dubai

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back,
Hi i am sam, i really like 6th point you mention :
6) Night life is amazing...with a lot to do :)
:P

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Nawerat lekwait :P I wanna borrow your movie. Remind me ;)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Your Battlefield said...

welcome back and 7amdillah 3asalami
"Home Sweet Home"
:o)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

Welcome back!! Glad you had fun =)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

7amdilla 3ala el salama...we missed ya!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

I saw you at the airpor so we're kewl when it comes to welcomes! As for Dubai, inshallah it will be nothing compared to the little trip we will plan for the summer! ;o)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Erzulie said...

WB :) Dubai is sorta like a prettier Vegas...

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Kleio said...

Hell yeah, there's no place like home!! ;)

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Kleio said...

Blue Bar is nice, although I had one of the most embarassing incidents of my life happen there last year when A & I were on the same business trip that you were just on. Did I ever tell you that story?

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Kleio said...

LOOOOOOOL sorry for the third comment but read back up over all the comments before mine and see if anything (freaky) stands out to you...? DON'T COMMENT ON IT HERE! (You never know!)

*Ducks from sight*

(This is just an inside joke, no offense meant WHATSOEVER to anyone who posted a comment here!) :)

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger iDip said...

Welcome back :)

JC, yesterday while passing infront of SAS hotel, I saw an ad about an upcoming Jazz concert or festival (I can't remember exactly), so I thought you may be interested, but I don't think it will be "neo-soul" because the guys on the ad didn't look "neo"!

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

sound like a lot fun. I want, I want, I want all the fun experience for me :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, looks like it was one hell of a trip.

mine dates back to january lol, was introduced on a full tour by local UAE peeps I knew from Ozland.

JLO = wai3 lol, i agree. totaly!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

hmmm I wanna Jazz club :P
the only "summer time" and "Ella" I'm listening to is during my morning ride to work !! (lately hard to enjoy due to all the Damn static caused by that hell of a thing called an iTrip !!) sorry I had to say it :P

Glad you had fun and welcome back Home :)

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Caffeinated said...

Welcome back!! You know, humidity always makes you feel congested right around here *makes a circle around the face*….

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Dubai. I've only been there once and that was when I was younger, before a lot of cool stuff there was built. I would love to go back and experience the essence of it.

Awesome read.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger tazmanian devil said...

madinat jumeriah ...totally agree its a beautiful place ...went there my first night ... just amazing ....

traffic is the real sucker ...its just like back home bombay ... so is the humidity ...

dubai is fun fun fun

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Alia said...

welcome back

next time you visit Dubai make sure you go to "Fish Market Restaurant - plaza hotel" it's too expensive .. but reaaaaaaly good

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Hanan said...

I need a trip to Dubai. Last time I went was a quick half day visit with family.

Welcome back Jazz

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Nooni said...

well lucky you that you love living here :)

Dubai is a good place to build your money ..its like having a business in the US ..life gets better with a tinny shop that sells salt and peper and you end up being known.

i hope one day this country reaches that level. so i can find me a job :)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

it's always good to be home isn't it? =}

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

COME ON!!! NEW POST!!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger iDip said...

JC,

I found it in Jewaira's blog
http://jewaira.wordpress.com/2006/04/23/gulf-jazz-festival/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home