Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Adeaters...could have been better


Yesterday I went to the Third Annual Night of the Adeaters. It was held at Cinescape in Sha'ab Park, and I went with a bunch of friends. Since advertising was my major in college and my current career, I always look forward to this night. I've been to the previous two events in the past. However, I was kind of disappointed to this year's Adeaters. Of course, the night started out great. We walked in, and the sponsors of the event were handing us gifts and giveaways left and right! We walked into the auditorium with literally three gift bags, not to mention the clappers, glow sticks and swirling lights! The show started off with a juggling act by two performers with lit-up batons. It soon turned into a light show like in a RAVE party....the music was good too. I swear you can tell that people were oozing and eager to party since there were dancing in their seats. The commercials they showed in the beginning of the show were great...funny, sad, heart-warming, strange, bizarre, creative...etc. But towards the end of the show, the ads started to get boring and bland! The auditorium was basically empty after the second intermission. I dunno why, but the last two Adeaters showed much more creative ads throughout the night. But ah well...it was an interesting night. The ad that was extremely funny to me was the Thai ad that showed a person telling another person about a movie they watched on DVD. And while explaining the movie, they begin to stutter, jerk, twitch, and spasm.....just like when your DVD begins to freeze and stall when you play it on a cheap DVD player. So the ad was about some hi-tech DVD player that's better than the rest.

Hopefully, next year will be better...god willing...thats if i'm not in walkers by then! Yalla...time to leave work now, it's frickin 5:30 pm...karaht 3mory min kithr il shughul bil dawam!!!!

Have a great weekend y'all :)

P.S: Check out my new song in the "NOW PLAYING" section on my blog. It's a side track from jazz music. It's one my favorite house/dance tracks.

P.S.S: For all you sushi lovers, head down to Edo this weekend, and try out the new maki roll called "Jazz" maki...by yours truly. It was named after me since I always order this special custom-made roll. It's a salmon, scallop and shrimp tempura combo, with spring onions mixed in with rice! Apparently, some people think I took credit from other people, which will be clarified soon. But for now, hope you enjoy it :)

9 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Kleio said...

Was that last bit directed at me? ;)

Best part of last year's adeaters was 'HEJ!!' Man we laughed so hard! Hope you all missed me this year. Was tooomz there waving across the aisle?

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

So glad that I didn't miss much...I was so disappointed when I was told that they were going to be getting me tickets but by the time they went to get them...it was all sold out...and I was left grumbling to myself...(you want something done..you gotta do it yourself!)

P.S. The Jazz maki is to die for..:)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Yeah, they sucked..

Funny, I wrote a post wondering why no one's written about AdEaters and when I just checked safat, lo & behold there was your post ;)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Beyond Q8iya said...

*SIGH of RELIEF*

JC u made me happy, ams a friend of mine were arguing laish we didnt go to adeaters.. on the last night we were hanging out and i forgot to about it so we missed it (my fault)... ashwa it wasnt good.. last year i want.. had a blast :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

I'm just curious if these sorts of events are advertised or is it word of mouth?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

With regards to last year, I loved the Luminoux (sp) ads!

As for this year, do you think it was boring cause they don't want to hold another one next year so they wanted to make it as boring as they could without being obvious that they didn't want exposure!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Dr.Lost said...

glad i missed it :)

jazz , visit my blog, my new post is not a issue 2 discuss, its about an oppurtunity u may be interested in.. plz tell others.. (I know im advertising my post but when u read it u'll know why i said this.. )

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

Jazz Maki! Just when you thought a great restaurant couldn't get any better. ;-)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

"For all you sushi lovers"

Hehehe!! I guess your last P.S.S is not for me ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home