Monday, February 27, 2006

Rent...The Movie!


I was always eager to see the new movie RENT for a while now, and this loooong 4 day weekend...I finally did. I watached it with my side-kick Stallion. RENT is new movie based on the successful broadway musical. At first, I had mixed feelings about liking the movie since it was a musical...but I WAS WRONG! Its better as a musical. If you truly appreciate music, you will appreciate it that it's a musical. Now this is not your typical "happy-go-lucky" musicals; it is a "in your face" kinda movie...a truthful, powerful, honest, and very real, funny, inspiring, emotional, heart-breaking, heart-warming, ingenious, artistic musical journey of love, life, heartache, death, HIV, and very importantly...friends. RENT emphasized in the ups and downs of friends, the testing of friendship through time, and how it heals. The story and situations makes so much more sense and is more powerful when it's told through song. The acting is also amazing...I never thought that these actors can sing....I mean....Rosario Dawson (who plays Mimi in the movie) can really sing her heart out! I'm not gonna give away the story as I truly recommend you watch RENT. Watch it with a bunch of your friends...make it a night...and it will surely make you appreciate your friends. I give RENT five stars! Enjoy!


* To see the movie trailer, click here.
* And how appropriate for us...RENT also comes with a blog!
* Finally, check out on Now Playing in my blog to listen to a clip of the main title song, "Seasons of Love".




13 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Beyond Q8iya said...

i've always wanted to watch it... will check out.. :)

"seasons of love".. couldn't find the now playing.. on ur blog.. is it the one where the lyrics are "we had joy we jad fun we had seasons in the sun?"

if it is.. it was a song my mom and i sang in the car when i was a kid.. :)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Beyond Q8iya said...

found the now playing.. waiting for it to play ;)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Beyond Q8iya: Yeah...watch it and i'm sure you'll like it :)

My "Now PLaying" section is on the right side column of my blog (under the OPEN 24 HRS image). Click on the "Seasons of Love" link to hear the song :)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha

You know why I'm laughing :P

P.S. Send the links to tooomz @ gmail !

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

AMAZING FILM

I'd watch it again in a heart beat!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Caffeinated said...

It looks like Tooomz and I should watch it and see what our final reactions are...

Musicals usally make my eyes glaze over, though...

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Caff: Love. That's the only word I shall say to you today.

Love.

L-O-V-E!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Caffeinated said...

Tooomz We are the balancers of the other extreme regarding movies and feeeeelings: How can someone feel so bad when watching singing and dancing?

All I know about Rent is Team America's spoof:

Everyone has AIDS!
AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS, AIDS!

Sometimes I'm so inappropriate as I wallow happily in my ignorance. Ah, well, it makes the world more interesting.

I'm glad you liked it, Jazz .

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

Are you kidding!!! I LOVE MUSIC!!!
I am so gonna watch it =D

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?

How about love?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Toomz: yes I do know why u lauging, but its all good :) I will send you the link soon. Thanks :)

Stallion: Me too :)

Caff: Yeah watch it and let me know, but knowing Toomz, it will give her more ammunition for poking fun on me :)

Toomz: Can I share some of the L-O-V-E as well?

Caff: Its possible to feel sad when watching musical. I mentioned in my post, that RENT is not a happy-go-lucky kinda musical. It starts out that way, but then its gets reall serious. I'm sure you may like it :)

Laily_q8: u did? What did u think?

Nunu: YAY! and let me know what you think :)

Princess Puzzle: hey :) welcome to my blog. Hope u enjoy it. I love Rosario Dawson from way before RENT. SO anything she does, is fine with me :)

ZinZinq8: hehehehe....good one. Perfect excerpt from the movie. So did u like it?

Stallion: Sing it boy!

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger Jan6a said...

Ahh i just saw it and i cant wait till i see it again- soo good!

Doesn't Angel (in drag) look like Jada Pinkett (Will Smith's wife!)

525600 minutes!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Erzulie said...

I was gonna watch it but I was a bit hesitant. Apart from the classics (i.e. Gigi, Glass Slipper, etc) I cannot stand today's musicals; if I hadn't walked out of "Phantom of the Opera" I would've cut my wrists. But after reading this post, I think I'll give contemporary musicals a chance :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home