Monday, May 16, 2005

CAR NIGHTMARES!!!!

I HATE CAR LEASING COMPANIES IN THIS COUNTRY!!! They advertise how customer service is their aim and priority. MY A$$!!! So here is my story: I leased a car from one of leasing companies here in Kuwait last November 2004. I leased on a yearly contract. Of course the monthly installments include everything from free service and comprehensive insurance in case of an accicent. The condition is that I have to provide a police report of the accident for the insurance to repair the car. Sure enough, in March 2004, I had a car accident. The result of it was a broken bone in my left hand that is connected to my little finger. While I was in the hospital the day of the accident, all I can think about was getting that police report..amidst my agonizing pain in my HAND!!!! After I finished from my hospital, I went straight to the police station with my hand in a cast to get the police report. Finally I got that damn paper. The next day, I informed the leasing company of the car accident. Of course, with an attitude, they assisted me...it's like they expected the accident to happen. They sent the company tow truck to pick the car. The tow truck driver asked for the car registration (daftar il sayara) for insurance purposes. After finalizing everything with the leasing company, they told me to wait a couple 2 weeks for the repair to be done. They gave me a replacement car during the repair time (which is also another benefit). After one month, I have not heard from them. Not even a phone call. SO I went to find out what the hell happened. When I got there, I asked to see the car. I found the car in the repair station, placed in the corner covered in dust and untouched!!! They did not even start the repair after one month!!!! They told me that the insuarnce company will not pay for the repair since the cost is too high. I told him that its not my problem!!! I pay a monthly installment that includes insurance to repair the car in case of an accident!!! AND WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW. Did I have to come myself and find out after a month? He said that there is nothing he can do...of course he said it with an attitude. He told me, in this case, your contract will be void and will be cancelled. This way I can get a new car on new contract. I did everything I was supposed to do. Got the police report, imformed the company of the accident, and cooperated with them to get teh car repaired. And this is what they do? They have serious internal issues to work on. 2 weeks later, the contacted us to come and sign a paper to cancel the first contract. So I went yesterday (15-May-2005) to supposedly sign a paper. We I got there, they told us that they cannot find the car registration so nothing has been done. I BLEW UP AGAIN!!! I told them that again it is not my problem. All these problems are internal and does not include me!!! Why did they call me to sign, and why didn't they inform me of the misplaced car registration. I could have easily told them that I gave it to the tow truck driver who asked for it!!! WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS!!! I even picked up a company brochure that was on his desk that read in arabic "Lease A Car with us, and Ease your Mind". I shoved it close to his face and said "DO YOU THINK I AM EASED"!!!!!!! He also had the nerve to say that I can still lease a new car with a new contract. Like hell I will get a new contract when the previous one is not cancelled yet!! I gave him till this Wednesday to prepare the paper for me to sign so I can live my life and get a car elsewhere. He did not even offer me a glass of water.

Anyways, I think I rammbled alot, but I just wanted to vent. Hope I did not bore you. SO tell me...how is your day? :)

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Welcome to Kuwait! People tell you one thing but you have to read the fine print or read between the lines where the metaphores are floating with the real meaning of the contract! Live! Learn! Fight Back!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. What an abyssmal way to treat customers. Their company sure isn't going to last long with service like that! Hope the cancellation of the contract isn't delayed by their incompetence.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Wussup Edjamacated Guy,

Thanks for posting. Dare I say the company name?? LOL...What the hell...it was KFH. Why do u ask? have u been through the same? Its so cool how u know when u are all the way in Canada :) Take care.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger BusyNow said...

Thats really bad customer service.
Believe next time get your car from aayan .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home