Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Virgin Megastore Problems !!!

Virgin in Kuwait sucks sometimes. They have a decent pop/rock section, but their R&B section needs help!!!! They don't have anything. They only bring a new cd or two every three months. They always have the cheezy R&B music...commercial stuff like Usher, Ciara, B2K...which I can't stand. I'm more into the REAL stuff. The real R&B music...artists like Joss Stone, Lizz Wright, Maxwell, Erykah Badu. They are known as Neo-Soul artists (which I will explain in a separate post). When I ask for a certain artist (like Amp Fiddler), they give me the "we know better" look and have the odasity to say..."We don't have it 'cause they don't exist." WHAT???? Why in the world would they say that!!! I know they exist...that's why I asked!!! And sometimes they would give me the routine answer... "It's sold out"....yeah right. They just say that to show off that they are selling CD's. I wish they can do something about their organization. I always seem to find artists who I know are Rock arists, but are placed in the R&B section, just because they are african american. What's up with that? Anyways, I can't boyott Virgin, because it's the only place in Kuwait to buy music. Here is my wish list...(seems online shopping sound good to me right now).

Amp Fiddler, Waltz of A Ghetto Fly

Gaelle, Transiet

Keane, Hopes & Fears

Rashaan Patterson, Love In Stereo

Miguel Migs, 24th St. Sounds

Hil St. Soul, Copasetic & Cool

Deepest Blue, Late September

7 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger nibaq said...

"They dont exist" ?? WTF is a lame ass answer like that.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Virgin in Kuwait sucks sometimes.

I second that :D Oh and Keane is awesome! Have a nice day!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Rampurple said...

eheeeeeeeeeeeem jarastna!
it's megastore not megatore...


(p.s. me and JC did NOT go to the same school :P)

Oh and yeah... virgin does suck big time... their slogan is "if it's not banned, we have it!" lol really crappy ass... i know a zillion things that are not banned and they dont have it...

richard branson should come and check things himself

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

LOL....typo fixed. Thanks rampurple. AND YES WE DID GO THE SAME SCHOOL!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jacqui said...

I actually saw Keane there.. but true they suck, I've went there 2wice last week and still no new PSP games :/ outside shops have more games than they do :r

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

I GOT KEANE FINALLY!! It was indeed in Virgin. It's a great album.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man i love jazz, is maxwell music classified as jazz?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home