Sunday, July 03, 2005

New Batman Movie Rocks!



I went to the movie yesterday (Marina Mall) to see the movie Batman Begins. Now I have to admit that the older Batman movies sucked!!!! SO I was kind of reluctant to go. BUt I heard so many good reviews and people saying that it was different than the previous versions. So we went to the 7:15 show. Ahhhh..the sound of screaming kids filled the theater...such a beautiful sound for it the sound of joy and happiness!! (of course you know that a was sarcastic remark). I love the movie experience, but I hate going when there are kids who don't know how to keep quiet. Don't get me worng...i love kids, but not the ones who throw screaming tantrums! Anywayssss.......

Batman Begins was a very good movie...entertaining. I liked the way the Bruce Wayne developed his identity and forced himself to face his fear of bats to become the icon that he is. I thank god that the movie did not show him as just a normal man with the idea to become a hero by strapping on a spandex suit and just jump off a building. His stunts and costume were all trial and error before he became invincible. This showed his human side as a hero.

Of course, towards the end of the movie when Batman saved Gotham City from destruction (I don't wanna tell you what happened cause I don't wanna ruin it for people who have not seen it), the audience started clapping and cheering. To me, I think thats cheezy, but yet harmless. But then as usual...a bunch of obnoxious people just continued clapping, whistling and giggling till the end of the movie. I mean seriously...non stop! The scene that deserved the so-called clapping was over...so why just be rude and obnoxious and continue cheering just to bug the rest of us!!! This is one of the things that I hate about giong to the movies in Kuwait (along with censoring)! I know a lot of people who boycott Kuwait Cinema. I really don't wanna do the same, but stuff like this makes me think twice.

LOL...my point of this blog entry?....go watch Batman Begins :)

7 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Mark said...

yeah batman was amazing. i really cant wait till the sequal.

about the people cheering and clapping, i believe this only happens in certain theaters. like marina theaters attract a certain kind of crowd while mouhalab another. i found the best place to watch movies is at fanar. you dont get as many kids there since kids dont usually hang around fanar but do around marina.

about movie censorship, i have made it a habbit that if the movie will contain nudity to just wait and get it on dvd. batman, starwars, war of the worlds.. movies like this you can watch them in Kuwait without worrying about stuff being cut.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Q said...

You mean the point of this blog entry is that you are on the verge of boycotting KNCC......join me, JC, BOYCOTT KNCC!!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger forzaq8 said...

yes boycott kncc

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Reema said...

I saw Batman almost 2 weeks ago and it rocked, i absolutley loved it. Question what's this i hear about boycotting KNCC? did i miss anything?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

So glad you loved it too :D I walked out of the cinema saying, "I must get that on dvd!"

Why isn't there another theatre chain?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Dyxio said...

The movie was pretty good but I found Batman's voice pretty fake :P Really, I kept trying to supress my laughter.

*SPOILER*
At the end, when the gas got all over the city. Didn't you find the 'evil' batman eyes and the firey horse so fake?

Other than those 3 things, it rocked.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger lawyer said...

ana masheftta bs klamik 3anna shawggny enshalla aroo7 fe weekend bs etha mo 7leow !! shta36eny :P
by the way akthar shay shaddny fe ur bloge kilmat JAZZ ana amot 3alla aljazz
u know why ... coz mn ana e9gherra kil senna nro7 man6eqaa fe swiss ehhya the town of jazz ... yetym3oon mn jame3 dowal al3alam
shay wayd ma3roof o fathe3 o kil senna ashoof manthar alband o chethy shay fathe3
i really missed it ..... yalla hasenna aldwam ma36onna ejaza malna na9eb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home