Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm Back :)

I'm back :) Miss you guys. It's good to be home. I had a nice and relaxing trip in Qatar. I was nice spending quality time with the familia. Very chills, and ate like I never saw food before. Now that's sad! BUt it was all cool. Here are some highlights:
___________________________________________________

1) There is a new cafe in Qatar called MINT. One of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The ambience was very cozy, and trendy. My kinda place. Very Jazzy too. Their food was really good. I had the Ceaser Shrimp Wrap (hehehe, you know I had to have my seafood fix). The unique thing about Mint is that they also have a furniture menu. Basically, if you liked any of the furniture that was used in the cafe, you can buy it. Now its not like a furniture store (like The Once) which also has a coffee shop. The entire place is a coffee shop, and it was all all decorated with furniture that you can just select and buy. Coffee tables, couches, chairs, side tables, lamp shades, book shelves, you name it! Nice touch huh? Anyways, if you ever go to Qatar, go check it out. But I heard from the management that they will open a branch in Kuwait soon. But dunno when and where. Hopefully soon.



2 While at a traffic light, I saw a sign for an animal supply store called "Animal Kingdom". But just look at the translation in Arabic....LOL. "Mamlakat Al7aywan". You can either take it as the Kingdom of One Animal, or you can call it a masabba (curse word)...Yal 7aywan!! I just had to share :)



3) At qatar airport (yesterday), I was waiting until boarding time to fly back to Kuwait. I was just sitting with my brother in front of me, when I notice a tap on my shoulder from behind. I turned around, and low and behold it was Purgatory!! He was in transit in Qatar connecting to another flight. How funny is that? We chatted for a while and parted ways. A world-class traveller indeed. Small world. Let's sing along now.


4) I also brought back a quote I liked. Hope you like it too. It makes so much sense to me when it comes to blogging.
"Talk without offending...Listen without defending"

16 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

you like using the animal word alot, did you like your other surprise ;)?

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

LOL...yes i did like the other suprise :) I was totally shocked and speechless :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

now you know why I called you know who in particular :)

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Caffeinated said...

Welcome back JC :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

HeY!! Sweets!! Welcome back.. You've been missed ;)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Nooni said...

Thats a cool cafe.. i heared it will be opened in Al Awady towers in kuwait. (not sure though)
Welcome home. WE missed you too.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Purgatory: LOL...yes I did. Good one :)

Caffienated: Thanks :)

Nunu:NUNU!! Thanks :) Missed u too :)

Judy Abbott: Thanks :) But where is Al-Awady Towers?

Mcarabian: Thanks :) I know, right?

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Sou said...

"Oh baby, baby it's a small world!!"

You said sing along! :p hehehe

Welcome back and kol sana wenta tayeb! :)

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Welcome back!
:)

I had 2 coincidences today!
I met a friend shopping and then saw another olllllddddd friend while driving home. Wanasa! I love coincidences! Did the 'guy thing' and roll down the window and chatted hahahahaha! Always wanted to do that!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Sou: Sing you heart out! :) Thanks :)

Delicately Realistic: LOL...roll down the windows...hehehe...classic! How you been?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

ur Qatari?
lovely chairs :)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

welcome back, going away for a while is always good =}

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

You had fun in Qatar?! HOW?
sorry dear I lived there for a while and I couldn't handle it!
The only place that I liked was Sealine resort.
But I lived there back in 95 I heared it changed a lot since then :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Qa6Wa said...

welcome back sweetie :*

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Dolphy: Thanks :)

ra-1: LOL...no I'm not. My family moved there in 1999 for business.

Spontaneousnessity: I know. I needed it.

Jelly Belly: LOL...I know what you mean. My parent moved there back in 1999 for business. I visited them a couple of times but I'm like you. I could not live there. Its only a place I can escape to once in a while. Change of weather and routine. Sea Line beach resort is good. But you are right. It has changed aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalot :)

Blasha: Thanks :)

Mcarabian: Weird. But then again, something was wrong with blogger.com on Wednesday. I also could not log on myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home