Saturday, October 29, 2005

Weekend Re-Cap...

Finally watched Bas Ya Ba7ar...great movie. I was amazed on how they implemented the filming. The wedding scene was so intense. The end of the movie where Hayat AL-Fahad was cursing the sea got me goose bumps. One thing I did not know about Kuwaiti culture and tradition was the "drowing of the cat" ritual to bless the waters to keep the pearl divers safe.

Also watched Lost In Translation...finally. Good movie...but very slow.

Bought Alicia Keys Unplugged album from Virgin. She sounds sooooooo much better LIVE than in a studio.

You can't go wrong with Casper & Gambinis :)

2 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

You are a desperate man. You hate Virgin's lack of 'real' music but what other options are there? There'd be Jazz Notes and More if you'd open your own damn music and memorabilia store already! I'm not a jazz fan *gasp, but I'd give you my patronage over Virgin anyday! ;-]

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Unfortunately, we dont have any other options in Kuwait when it comes to music. Jazz Notes and More? Hmmmm...I like the idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home