Thursday, October 06, 2005

Jabriya is a TRAP!!

Picture this:

Left the house this morning: 8:10 am

Arrived at work: 9:15 am

I can't take this anymore! Living in Jabriya is a trap! All exits out of Jabriya that leads to Salmiya are constantly blocked with traffic. The bad part is that the traffic begins INSIDE Jabriya with cars trying to leave the area. Then comes forth ring road where cars are coming from Shuwaikh and then trying to take the exit to Hawally under the bridge that cuts cross Jabriya (jisr Hawally). And then there is the traffic signal on Forth Ring that is controlled by cop MANUALLY!!!! Thats what causes the traffic in my point of view. They just click on the green light for one lane and lose track of time while they drift in daydreams and speaking on mobiles sometimes, while the other lane just keeps on getting packed while waiting for the red light to turn green!

I'm sure Purgatory and Jabriya Za7ma can relate.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Have you ever thought of going out of Jabriya taking shari3 F7ay7eel then going down through Salwa and taking Shari3 Al-Khaleej?

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

T69: Been there done that. I had a nervous breakdown today.

Stallion: Been there done that. Fahaheel is also jammed packed in the mornings too. Especially that route, the traffic begins inside jabriya leading to Fahaheel :S

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Erzulie said...

Get out early.

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger Shurouq said...

Jazz,
I live on st 101, and sometimes it takes me 5 minutes just to leave our garage.

Not only do I relate, I nag, I weep, and I dwell

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Leave earlier. Where is your starting point and destination, maybe I can give you a secret route? I know Jabriya inside out o mat7oshny za7ma wayid.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger sweetd said...

yep yep! jabriyah is very hard to live in too busy!:S man streets in kuwait all busy being a new driver to the road im starting to hate it:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home