Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dis 'N Dat!

Good morning :) Saturday morning...at work and tired as hell. Did not get enough sleep yesterday. Here is to another work week of....well I dont know of what.

First, thanks to Toomi, who generously offered the DVD set, I am hooked on LOST! I am already on the 5th disk (and one more to go). There are so many things going on. Its not your typical crash and survive kinda of show. There are secrets, hidden agendas, betryals...even the island itself is a main character...mysterious! Thanks Toomi...you da bomb! Say goodbye to the Survivor show. That show is for pansies!



Second, I was tagged by Unknown Entity. Unusual tag though, but interesting. I had to click on this link about The 100 Best English Language Novels from 1923 to the Present and answer these questions:

How many titles do you recognize: 16

Which ones have you read: 7
Animal Farm, Their Eyes Are Watching God, Deliverance, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, 1984, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Beloved. (I read most of them for English courses in high school and college).

Which was your favorite: Their Eyes Were Watching God. One word..AMAZING!!

Which was your least favorite: Deliverance. Hated it!!! Did not appeal to me at all. Boring and disgusting. I cant believe I had to write an essay about it for a final grade.

Dare I tag anyone now? I'll leave it open to who ever is interested :)

16 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Deliverance is good, very sensual book.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

LOST is an amazing show...although the second season is a bit slower than the 1st season but you still get hooked every episode :)

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe! I love that book, theres a movie coming out soon. I never got around to finishing 1984, Animal Farm was supposed to be the next on my list. Its been 5 years I think :P My must read pile of books is getting higher and higher and higher.....!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Oooh, the rush that comes from getting someone hooked on something! Coming Soon: Lost-Addicts Annonymous (LAA!)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

Purg: I think you just like to be contrary ;-)

DR: Skip Animal Farm and read A Wrinkle In Time; if you loved The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, you'll like this one even more!

Jazz: Had never heard of The Eyes Were Watching God but now I'll look for it. See what an inspiring tag? ;-)

Haven't seen an episode of Lost but have half a season of Dark Angel left so I was looking for something new. Cool.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

I've only read 3 out of that list, I'm terrible disappointed with myself. All the books I have read were written before 1923. Is there another list that dates earlier back? I desperately need to feel proud of myself again.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

why are you responding to me unknown? this is second time in a row you address me, so what is going in your mind?

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

DR: Don't be disappointed hon, I'm with McA... few of those books would have made my top 100 list. It's like all those hoity-toity film festivals; I've never even heard of 90% of them and wasn't interested in the ones I had heard about. Blah

Purg: I've only addressed you twice? You certainly aren't rating very high, are you! I'll endeavor to pay you more attention in the future. Umm, wait, no, I probably won't. :->~

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I sense something brewing behind the scenes.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

I thought it was a curtain?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

no you were supposed to be behind the curtain.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger forzaq8 said...

well , since you are hooked to lost you are lost ! :(

god this show is addecting

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Purgatory: You liked Deliverance? You a strange man :P Whats going on behind the curtains?

Tequila 69: I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Jelly Belly: I can't wait to see Season 2 :)...even if its starts out slow

Delicately Realistic: LOL...my pile of books are getting higher. I'm so good in getting the books, but slow to begin :( But I also loved The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe. Also, I'm sure you will get back to reading soon.

Toomi: Hello...my name is Jazz and I am a Lost addict. What have you done to me? Are u enjoying your rush? :)

Unknown Entity: You would like Their Eyes Were Watching God. very inspirational book.

McArabian: Locke is good. But I like Charlie and Jin (the Korean woman)

Forzaq: Yup..you right...I am lost in the show...Its a good show :)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Come and see yourself

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Because I am bored, I did it

How many titles do you recognize: 24

Which ones have you read: Catcher in the Rye, but have seen many of the other on film, so not sure how to classify it.

Which was your favorite: Clockwork Orange, the movie.

Which was your least favorite: Cannot say as I only read one of them.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

Purg, it's impolite to invite others to join you behing someone ELSES curtain. Naughty boy. That being said... Jazz, you are welcome anytime ;-> Purg, as to which classify... did you have the subtitles on? Because then maybe they'd count. NOT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home