Thursday, July 14, 2005

I is Tagged Part II.

I usually don't work on Thursdays, but I came in to work around 11 am to finish some stuff. And while doing my blog hops, I was tagged yet again :) This time, I was tagged by the esteemed Purgatory72. So here goes:

What 5 things do you miss about your childhood?

1) Every Friday, my dad will take my sister, and I to Mr. Doughnut (the original) in Salmiya. I will always have the chocolate doughnut and milk (I think I was 7 or 8 years old). Then we will go back home to pick up my mom and then have lunch at the Marriot Hotel (remember the hotel which was a ship?). We had lunch there every Friday. Then would later go to Kids R'Us and I will always buy a lego pack.

2) My Grandmother's house in the 80's. All the cousins will get together and create games for us to play. We came up with the most bizzare games. Now, my young cousins at this day, always complain if they don't have the latest Play Station games and nagg that they are constantly bored. Me and my cousins that I grew up with try to show them what we used do to, but they just won't budge.

3) Just like Purg mentioned, KTV2 and Channel 33 (Dubai) were the bomb. Everytime a channel is not clear, my mom will always come to the rescue and turn that knob that will make that clicking noise until the picture becomes clear :)

4) Early 90's high school, when it was just a weird time in Kuwait. Fresh after the gulf war. Wierd fashion statements and music. Doc Martin boots (with the steel toe of course), music like Boyz II Men, Shai, Nirvana, Channel V and Star TV. Junior Varsity and Varsity Volleyball team playing with all private schools at EMAC. Talent Shows and after school BBQ's. OH GOD...remember the "running man"? Wendy's in Salmiya was the hang out (as well as Soul II Soul and Subway music shop). I kinda forgot what was in Salmiya at that time. Fuddruckers became the hang out senior year...damn I miss those days of innosence

5) Great TV shows: 227, The Cosby Show, Different World, Growing Pains, Remington Steele, Murder She Wrote, The A-Team. Of course there were the cheezy ones as well...remember the robot girl "Small Wonder"? LOL...

Ok, who shall I tag: Dare I tag Nibaq? Yes...I tag Nibaq, Tequila, The Don and Blasha.

8 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Yeah Soul II Soul, which moved from sal7iya to salmiya, anyone remember Majeed? They used to make collections, an invention at that time! we paid alot for that!

Speaking of music stores, I think some of you would remember those:

White house, which moved later to salmiya and Safwan.

That Egyptian dude, with beard and cap in Sal7iya too, the competitor for White house, forgot his name, or his store, but I remember 3aza el3azab :P

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! Your highschool life sounds like mine too. Weird!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Rampurple said...

You must have been one of the non-cool people since fuddruckers was our hangout in 10th grade.... it took you 2 years to get cool, but by that time we had all left fudds :P

Look at the bright side... at least you're not one of those people who read the Iliad on a boat trip with friends :D

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey there still is EMAC! i was in the fine arts team in my senior year 2004 :D

i also remember small wonder and the old batman and robin series that were on star tv.. and lets not forget the coolest vj EVER! TREY!! on cannel V :D wanasa...

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

Purg: LOL..no I don't remember Majeed. but I remember Salem, and I always used to go broke ordering those CD mixes :) I still go visit Safwan once in a while.

SheWrites: Thats so funny..I also still have those MTV mixes somewhere in a box collecting dust. and your guess is right, we did go the same HS. Let's see if you can guess who I am now :)

Anonymous: What school? What class?

Salted-C: I want the DVD!! The good thing is that I have recorded episodes on VHS :)

Rampurple: Not hanging out in Fudds in 10th grade does not mean that I was not cool :P I went to other places then :)

Snookie: I miss EMAC..oo shakhbari Trey from Channel V...LOL!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

SheWrites: LOL...amobea size!! Yes I know who you are....freaky ain't it? I was one grade younger.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

LOL...The mystery continues :) Think of ppl a grade after you who has it in him to blog...and the love for music :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jazz Central said...

7aram 3alaich! Me not a music lover? I did giz, but not as much as I do now :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home